Wandering Soul

Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Don't Funk With My Heart

... this one is for you Wharton.

It seemed like the perfect Saturday, woke up late, had a good breakfast, lazed around, and saw Pakistan struggling against India. Then as per routine, I logged into the Wharton online system to see if there was any update to my application... there it was. The sentence I had waited to see for so long on my app - "The admissions committee has evaluated your application... Click here to view the decision". Heartbeat racing, almost breaking into a sweat, I clicked the link... this PDF opened, which told me that the school was regretfully informing me that they were not able to offer me a position or an interview invite for Sep 2006.

Feeling what I did at that time, I shut the window, and went about doing other things to take my mind off the denial without an interview (DWI). I logged on at night to read the letter carefully, and guess what... the status had changed back to "Your application is being evaluated for the admissions committee." The DWI had disappeared like a bad dream, leaving me with serious doubts about my mental health, and powers of sight. Wharton has this student to student blog facility set up for their prospective students, and when I logged on to that, I found out the same thing had happened to many other applicants. For some people, the status had gone back to application under review, and for some it was continuing to show rejected. Apparently, an admissions committee member had also posted a note on the blog saying if the status had changed to under review, it meant you were still in the game as interview invites were being sent out until Feb 16.


So, where am I today?.... Staring at Feb 16, apparently still in the contention for an interview, but with all hopes of receiving an interview invite fading with every passing moment.

Wharton, I am prepared for news... any news, even if it is a DWI. so go ahead, bring it on.... just get on with it, instead of messing around with my (and tons of other applicants') minds!!

1 Comments:

  • It is always the battle to know where you stand and the associated wait that determines the true strength of a WanderingSoul, my TreadMill champ :)

    By Blogger illusions, at February 16, 2006 10:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home