Wandering Soul

Thursday, November 02, 2006

It’s the 1st of November…

When I was driving to work yesterday, I heard on the radio that it was Aishwarya Rai’s birthday. After barely 5 mins, the same message was repeated on the same station. It was just the beginning! It didn’t make any difference when I changed stations… it was just a different voice repeating the same message.

Throughout the day and well into the night, there was constant coverage about her birthday – on the radio, TV channels (channels like MTV had special programs dedicated to her), news (both on the television and Websites) (but wait a minute – news channels??), even a 4-page special paper edition.

AARGH!!! Give me a break!! I mean, so what if it was her birthday?


Today (2nd of November) is Shahrukh Khan's birthday (learned about this yesterday as well -- this RJ made it a point to say it in the same breath!). I shudder to think what kind of coverage he would get!

1 Comments:

  • Now, we have about six FM stations catering to the masses. Apart from AIR 102.6, all of them play the same jing-bang. Logically that means the news would also be similar as they are targetting a very similar audience...I think that makes sense! I do, however, think people who know how to switch on a radio should also learn to switch it off :))

    Seriously, the main problem is that no media source seems to provide anything different.

    By Blogger illusions, at November 02, 2006 3:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home