Wandering Soul

Thursday, October 04, 2007

Lost in Translation? - Part II

The adventure continues... was contemplating what to do for dinner last night; didn't really feel like going out so decided to order something from room service.
I called up the number and this guy started talking to me in chinese. I very patiently said, "No chinese, only english". He mumbled something again and then this other guy who could apparently speak in english came on the phone. Here is the conversation that followed:

Him: "You order room service?"
Me: "Yes, please, I want to order room service"
Him: "Room service?"
Me: "Yes, room service"
Him: "ROOM SERVICE?"
Me: "YES. YES."

Maybe it was the way i said the "YES. YES."

Or maybe, room service just means a different thing in China, but suddenly

him: "Wait i come up"

Me: STUNNED... to say the least! Almost contemplated not opening the door when he came but apparently that's how they take room service orders here 'coz he really did come with a menu!!

And I got my food also 30 mins later... as ordered!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home