Wandering Soul

Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Keeping the Faith

Whatever happens, happens for the best...
God works in mysterious ways, you just focus on working hard, he'll take care of the rest.

These are the very words I have lived by all this while; applying it to myself as well as the ones close to me. I rationalized every little rejection that You handed out to my sister, convincing myself and her that there had to be a bigger reason than what met the eye.

There was this glimmer of hope... things were working out for her according to what we all wanted... and I thought this was it, it's finally happening.... she's finally getting what she deserves... a fighting chance. The faith was justified, and she made it to the interview round of the one school she had gotten a call from. And then, just like that, before it even began, it was all over... You dished out another rejection.

The old words sound empty to me now..... it is difficult to be strong. Is this the point where the spirit is broken and you succumb to cynicism? What is the breaking point of faith and trust in God, destiny and fate?
However, there is this little voice somwhere which surfaces from somwhere... says
please let this not be true... please let this just be a test of faith, and make things work out for the people concerned.

5 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home