Wandering Soul

Tuesday, October 07, 2008

Justice for Soumya

I only knew of her through a friend, but I can't come to terms with the gruesome way in which she was murdered. Yes, there are murders being committed every day and at some level we shrug it off as 'news'... maybe the fact that this happened to someone I knew makes it all the more difficult to deal with. Who did this? Why?? What did she do that deserved such treatment?...

What I fear most is that very soon this will become just another case lost somewhere in the archives of police records, while the person who did this continues to walk freely.

An online petition has been created to be passed on the Home Minister of India. I urge everyone to sign up and contribute in whatever way you can.

http://www.petitiononline.com/soumyav/petition.html

Also, see the two Facebook groups created by her friends and colleagues:


Justice for Soumya

Rest in Peace Soumya

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home