Wandering Soul

Sunday, November 04, 2007

Ee-ya Ee-ya O!

Dalian, a port city, lies just off the Yellow Sea. It was a sunny day and if you ignored the wind, you could call it a really good day!
I decided to brave the wind, and headed out to the seashore of the Yellow Sea.


The sea looked nice enough from a distance, it was calm and blue (not yellow in the least!). I headed straight towards the beach – the plan was to sit for a while and take it all in.

I reached the beach, it was very peaceful… I took a deep breath to get some fresh air into my system… only, got a nice big puff of cigarette smoke inside me!
Glaring at the very rude man who was puffing away in my face, I went a little ahead and again tried the deep breath technique. Only, got in some more smoke. And this time, there wasn’t even anyone near me.
There was absolutely no respite! It was like being on Ol’ McPuffy’s Smoky farm… with a ‘puff, puff everywhere’!!

Back home, and an Internet search revealed, that China (hold your breath! :P) accounts for 30% of the world’s cigarette consumption! Which means two-thirds of the population smokes, and in public places at that!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home