Wandering Soul

Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Bring home the cup, boys!

Cynical. Dismissive. Scornful. Exasperated. Disbelief. Joy.

-- Feelings we've all at some time felt for the Indian cricket team. I know I have.
The biggest championship of 'em all begins today. I have been watching a lot of pre-cup coverages and special programs over the last couple of days.... and all i can bring myself to feel is a little bit of hope. Am totally combining that with loads of wishful thinking!
We may not be the most consistent of teams, but dammit! we've got the talent. Maybe I'm praying for a miracle, but I'm praying alright!!

Half of the current squad is probably playing their last world cup.

So for last times' sake, for the sake of the country's pride (and joy), and for the love of the game... BRING THE WORLD CUP HOME!!

1 Comments:

  • Talent?? Look at our bowlers and fielders!! If we don't go thru to the next round, I think India will improve in cricket and may be in other sports as well!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at March 21, 2007 7:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home